The Mica group of sheet silicate minerals involve various material that have precise basal cleavage. All these material are monoclinic showing tendency towards pseudohexagonal crystals.
A collection of silicate material with composition of aluminum, magnesium, water, potassium and iron is called Mica.
Properties of Mica
Mica has some amazing and the most exceptional properties that would rarely be seen in any other product.
- Mechanical Properties: Mica is one of the toughest material with high flexibility, elasticity and tensile strength. Under specific pressure, this material can be easily customized into any shape using machine-based molding.
- Thermal Properties: The property of temperature resistance makes Mica a wonderful element that resists heat. It also has minimum heat conductivity.
- Electrical Properties: With high dielectric power and steadily performance in any emergency situation.
- Chemical Properties: With traces of Sodium Fluorine, Potassium, Iron, Lithium and Magnesium, Mica acts as as neutral medium to show any reaction against bases, solvents, oil and alkaline.
- Physical Properties: It is due to its flexibility and high tensile strength that gets segregated into various thin fragments that are in-compressible, translucent flat and elastic.